Quick & Easy At-Home Remedies
Each DUSA Jewelry is diligently designed and made for longevity. However, jewelry may oxidize over time.
To delay oxidation that takes place, keep your pieces away from moisture, shower steam, and other water activities. And when you’re not wearing your jewelry, store them in an airtight bag. Here are effective at-home remedies and tips for cleaning and maximizing the lifespan of your DUSA Jewelry, categorized by metal:
14K & 18K SOLID GOLD are precious metals that will not oxidize or discolor since they are the least reactive metal. To increase longevity and maintain cleanliness, buff with a polishing cloth, or use this easy at-home remedy:
- Add a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid to a bowl filled with two cups of (not hot) water
- Drop your gold pieces into the solution and let them soak for about 15 minutes
- Lift jewelry out of the solution and gently scrub with a soft-bristle toothbrush to remove any dirt lodged in nooks and crannies.
- Swish the piece around in a bowl of warm water to remove the soapy residue.
- Using a soft cloth, dry your jewelry thoroughly and buff it a little to bring back the shine.
STERLING SILVER naturally oxidizes over time. This grey hue is often caused by a chemical reaction to items containing sulfur or oxygen in the air. It can be removed with a metal polish & polishing cloth or with an easy at-home remedy:
Create a paste with 1 part baking soda and 4 parts lemon juice in a glass bowl
Dip a lint-free cloth in the solution and rub it on the entire sterling silver piece
When finished, rinse with clean water and wipe dry with a different clean cloth