This month’s birthstone is the beautiful and diverse Tourmaline stone
Here are five reasons why we love Tourmaline:
1. Tourmaline = ‘mixed gems’ in Sinhalese and can come in a wide variety of colors, from pink, red and peach, to green, yellow and blue.
2. The first recorded tourmaline was a green crystal discovered in 1554 by a Spanish explorer who thought it was emerald.
3. Tourmaline can be opaque or transparent and ranks 7-7.5 on the Mohs scale (a scale of hardness based on the ability of one mineral to scratch another).
4. This bright-colored stone has healing properties and energies that resonate with the different Chakras in your body. Tourmaline is a very protective gemstone that picks up on conflict.
5. Tourmaline is one of the most sought out gems in the world. There is a certain species known as the Paraiba Tourmaline. These are so rare that for every ten thousand diamonds found in the world, only one Paraiba Tourmaline is discovered.
Did you know? You can customize any of our pieces with your choice of stone, including Tourmaline! Shop and customize your piece here or contact us to talk about incorporating Sapphire into your unique, handmade heirloom.
We use only Conflict-free & Fair-trade, ethical diamonds from small-scale mining sites (Mostly from Brazil & Australia) in our studio. If you are interested in reading more about it, press here