This month’s birthstone is the beautiful and diverse Tourmaline stone
Here are five reasons why we love Tourmaline:
1. Tourmaline = ‘mixed gems’ in Sinhalese and can come in a wide variety of colors, from pink, red and peach, to green, yellow and blue.
2. The first recorded tourmaline was a green crystal discovered in 1554 by a Spanish explorer who thought it was emerald.
3. Tourmaline can be opaque or transparent and ranks 7-7.5 on the Mohs scale (a scale of hardness based on the ability of one mineral to scratch another).
4. This bright-colored stone has healing properties and energies that resonate with the different Chakras in your body. Tourmaline is a very protective gemstone that picks up on conflict.
5. Tourmaline is one of the most sought out gems in the world. There is a certain species known as the Paraiba Tourmaline. These are so rare that for every ten thousand diamonds found in the world, only one Paraiba Tourmaline is discovered.